Monday, August 3, 2009

My First Work Experience - Kanisha Smith- Heard


Throughout this Workready experience, I've learned about portfolios and resumes, how to be on time and how to dress for an interview and things of that nature.

Every Tuesday we have Portfolio training with a guy named Tommy. He teaches us about cover letters and references. He also teaches us how to dress for an interview and he has creative ideas on how to do so.

Also I've learned how do research, speak properly, public speaking skills and speech with my mentor Dana. She teaches us all of these things and helps us learn about the real working world.

I like this program because it helps me learn what its like to have a job and what sacrifices I have to make in order to be here. Its a great program that everyone should try!

-Kanisha Smith-Heard

0 comments: